We are now hiring Summer Day Camp Assistants for our summer program 2017!
Our fine art day camps are for 5-12 year olds. Our specialized program gives children the opportunity to explore their creativity under the direction of our exceptional faculty.
Description: Assistants are an energetic and vital part of the studio environment. They provide support to the instructor and students within the art studio. They help instructors with setting up materials and studio management. They provide essential project-related support to students throughout the day.
Qualifications: Previous experience working with children is required and knowledge of Art is essential. Some college level coursework in the fields of Art and/or Education is desired. An associate or bachelor’s degree is preferred. As studio assistants gain experience, they may be asked to demo techniques or contribute ideas and approaches to the lesson.
- Helping instructor to prepare materials for instruction
- Supervising students in the studio and during lunch
- Enforcing camp rules
- Maintaining order of the studio space
- Assisting and observing students as they work
- Light duty lifting of art materials
- Guiding students with their projects
- Keeping students safe at all times
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to the Summer Program Director, Hilary Hahn by March 31st, at email@example.com or submit to the front desk.